It is a little surreal that this would be my last year in my 20s. I would appreciate if someone would invent something so your birthday only comes once every two years. If you know where I could find that, please let me know. Lol
In 29 years of living on this earth, life has taught me some important lessons that have shaped me to be the person I am today. Life is a classroom and every day there is a new lesson to be learned. Those lessons have permitted me to discover things that otherwise I would not have discovered, let go of things that didn’t want to let go, believe when faith was so out of reach, and appreciate the unappreciated.
29 things life has tough me:
- No is a word and it’s fine to say it.
- Don’t change who you are just to be like.
- Different is unique.
- Let go of the past.
- Live life on your own terms and not on someone else.
- Only you know what you’re capable of.
- Fear is only just an illusion.
- If they don’t like it, oh well.
- Forgive but don’t forget.
- Don’t hold back/change just to fit into the status quo.
- A few good friends are better than a ton of okay friends.
- Speak your mind even when they don’t listen.
- Consistency is key in achieving what you want.
- Learn to take risks because that’s what life is all about.
- Trust but not blindly.
- Don’t take for granted the little things.
- Scars are a sign of strength.
- Learn to accept ignorance because you can’t change overnight a perspective that has been around for centuries.
- Now is the only thing guarantee because tomorrow is just a promise.
- Don’t go out of your way for people and not expect the same.
- Risks are scary but are so worth it as the adenine is a reminder that you are alive.
- Put yourself first because you owe that to yourself.
- Being vulnerable is also a strength.
- Expect more not less.
- Be open to change and new opportunities.
- Laughter, goofiness, and happiness is the best medicine for the soul.
- Everything has a solution except death.
- Bitterness and negatively wouldn’t get you anywhere.
- Don’t think too much and just do it.
Can’t wait to see what other lessons life has in store for me in the upcoming years!